- Read about the revolutionary intervention and how it was developed at the Karyn Purvis Institute for Child Development (KPICD) at Texas Christian University.
- Video overview of TBRI. (Spanish version)
- KPICD YouTube Channel
- Trailer for the moving documentary “All Rise for the Good of the Children” about a Texas judge who brought TBRI into her courtroom and how it changed lives. Watch the full movie for free, here.
- Karyn Purvis’s original and beloved book The Connected Child has changed countless adoptive families and their trajectories. Other books in this series include The Connected Parent and The Connected Therapist
- A Spanish-language edition of The Connected Child (El Niño Adoptado) is also available for purchase.
- The TBRI® Podcast
- TBRI® for Teens
- Life Value Terms Children’s Books
- Self-Regulation Posters – (English. $5 digital download) This three-page printable includes 26 self-regulation strategies and a brief description of each on the back. For your convenience, posters are formatted for 8.5″ x 11″ paper.
- Self-Regulation Strategy Cards – (English. $5 digital download) This printable digital download includes 26 self-regulation strategies and explanations.
- Printable Life Value Terms – (English. $5 digital download) This printable download includes some of our favorite Life Value Terms presented in a colorful, engaging format.
Resources on Trauma
- Trauma severely impacts a child’s brain development. The Whole-Brain Child gives caregivers 12 practical ways to help recuperate lost ground and kickstart a child’s full brain development again.
- Does your child hate loud noises? Bang their head against the wall? Run from certain smells or constantly have something in their mouth? The Out-of-Sync Child helps caregivers to understand sensory processing disorder and how to make the world a more manageable and less painful place.
- Trauma doesn’t just live in the brain; it lives in our whole bodies. The Body Keeps the Score is an excellent resource for anyone who has been through trauma or is working with someone who has experienced trauma.
- “How to Build a Trauma-Sensitive Classroom Where All Learners Feel Safe,” KQED News
- “Teaching through Trauma,” devex
- “How Teachers Help Students Who’ve Survived Trauma,” The Atlantic
- YouTube Video: Tools That Can Help At School
- TBRI® for Teachers – Training
Resources on Orphan Care
- Pursuit of Orphan Excellence is a faith-based book that examines the way we care for orphans and how families are uniquely situated to respond to the needs of vulnerable kids.
- THINKOrphan is a faith-based podcast by Phil Darke, a leader in caring for vulnerable children and the international movement for better orphan care.
- Christian Alliance for Orphans (CAFO) is an organization dedicated to mobilizing the global church toward God’s call to care for orphans.
Recursos en Español
- El Podcast TBRI en español
- Religión Pura es un podcast en español que se trata de muchas cosas relacionadas al cuidado del huérfano y el niño vulnerable.
- “Como se puede adaptar la clase para ninos de pasados traumaticos,” Materiales para Maestros